Products I’m Considering
- Scones – I considered scones, experimented with them (Blueberry, brown sugar, and a little lemon zest), but I have decided to shelve the idea for the time being – scones only hold (decently) for 24hrs and don’t travel well.
- Muffins – I’m thinking of a variety of muffins. Like some of my products I think they’re going to come out in two general classes. Products that are ‘healthier’ and tasty and tasty products that are relatively no better than other things on the market. Still, no added preservatives & blah blah blah.
- Breakfast cookies – I frankly don’t know much about these, but they seem to be quite popular right now.
- Granola – I’ve been turned on to this idea. Sounds easy, sounds like something I can express with, sounds like something people enjoy.
- Other Cookie Square flavours – Chocolate Peppermint, Lemon Orange, Lemon Ginger, Lemon Cranberry, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
- Experiment with biscotti flavours I’ve had in mind
If you have biscotti flavours or other cookie/baked-good ideas, please send them to me.
Make it Tasty,
I would like to title today’s post quoting a line and character from a film. Without further adieu, I give you…
“SHIFT IT!” ~ Magenta
The farmers’ market season was great — that with the couple of other events I got WIBC into over the summer. I enjoyed reaching new customers, getting to talk about my product & company plans, getting to meet both The Public and my fellow vendors — all of it.
Before the season started, I was told that my business would be influenced by the tourism light-switch — that one day I would be doing my thing and then the next I would be unbelievably busy, a few months would pass, and then suddenly I’d be at a near stand-still. Well, that stand-still has come and THANK JUPITER FOR IT! 😉
Long short, I needed the change of pace. Now I’m diving in on a number of things — working on….
- Getting my business into upcoming events — Xmas bazaars, other conventions, and events into 2016
- Myriad things I haven’t had time to work on for my company over these many months including developing new & additional products
- Personal projects, work I haven’t had time to do these past months, and generally working on my to-do list
Among the many things for my company I haven’t had time to work on is new-product development. I have so many ideas they are too many to tell ….. and until I’ve released them I’d rather keep them a bit of a secret.
Yeah, okay, there’s the quick update. I’m in the kitchen & I have a little bit of stuff to turn out ….. and by ‘little bit’ I do mean only a little bit.
To put it lightly, WIBC has kept busy & kept me busy these past months. In addition to supporting the shops & restaurants my products are carried in, most Thursday evenings and Saturday mid-days my company could be found at farmers markets. On special occasions WIBC had the pleasure of appearing at a convention and a few annual events.
Farmers Markets – There is a pleasant number of markets on Whidbey Island, and WIBC participated in the Oak Harbor and Coupeville markets. Similar to the product demos I’ve done at a couple of Island stores, it was great to connect with folks. I enjoyed getting to introduce my products publicly and to talk about the direction of my company and my ideas for products – and often people would give me ideas for products, which was a real gift! It was also through the farmers markets that I started giving a military discount. Through this I get to help support the military, meet a lot of great people, and I get to say “Thank you for your service.”
Special Events – Bringing WIBC to various events was a considerable amount of work and it paid off in even more enjoyment. The first experience was being both at the Coupeville Farmers Market while also being at a quilt show on the other side of town – I had a special tie-in because the show was hosted by one of my mom’s quilt groups. I spent a weekend with my fellow sci-fi fans at Galacticon IV (a Battlestar Galactica & Firefly/Serenity science-fiction convention). Soon following I was invited to bring WIBC to the Whidbey Island Highland Games – it was great to get to bring my products to one of my communities. Toward the end of the season – last minute – I got WIBC registered to be a vendor at the Oak Harbor Music Festival. Everyone came out for the great bands along with some sun & fun and more than enough rain. I got to hear Willie Nelson’s son headline with his band – look out for a new star!
Summer 2015 proved to be a lot of work, and I’m already working on my list for 2016 events.
Okay, back to work.